Saturday, March 7, 2015

Etude House Play 101 Pencil


Last week Etude House was having a 20% discount for all products and 30% for members. I was so happy and I did a massive haul, if you followed me on Instagram, you've seen all the products I got. That 30% discount was a good chance for me to (finally) tried out their Play 101 pencils. I purchased five different colors and this product claims to be a gel-type pencil that comes with vivid colors and various textures for easy and fun makeup play. This pencil is suppose to be used a lip liner, eyeliner, eyeshadow, or even blush. Etude House is collaborating with internet famous Korean makeup artist, Pony Pony. So you can check out her tutorial using Play 101 pencils on Youtube. 




Now at first, I thought these pencils were quite expensive (12$ each) considering they are from Etude House. After discount I got each of them for 8.4$, quite reasonable and they have amazing range of colors (50 shades)! I shopped at the last day of the discount promotion and I shopped at Wisma Atria, on a Sunday. Imagine the crowds! Most the products were sold out. Their lipsticks rack was almost emptied, their new foundation, which I also love, was sold out. At least my color was out so I couldn't stock :( Anyway, it was very overwhelming, I couldn't stand the crowds, and I literally just dump every color that I want in my basket without even swatching the samples. I did not touch any of the samples. I know, I know, but I was like whatever, they were less than 10$ each, just dump everything in the basket.

Long story short, I opened these bad guys at home and I was like... WTF. They are fucking amazing. 12$ for each, was not expensive AT ALL. I thought this was the kind of pencil that we have to sharpen, but they are mechanical pencil. So you just twist the bottom of the pencil where it has the number on and you're done. More, they even provide a sharpener in the very bottom of the pencil which I find really neat. The sharpener is only for the tip of the lead, if you want to do a really fine line.






I have the color 11, 16, 28, 29, and 32. As you can see above the colors are so pigmented. Like, I'm not even joking, first stroke, BAM, you got the color. Now they did mention that they have different texture. After some research they have creamy, glitter, matte, glossy, shimmering finishes. Number 11 and 16 have creamy finish, 28 has glitter finish, 29 has shimmering finish, and 32 has matt finish. Then I did a stroke test, to see how they blend. 11, 16, 29, creamy and shimmering finish, they don't move a bit, they stay on. 28 blends so well as you can see, most blendable compared to the other. Lastly 32, matte finish, don't blend so well but it will blend with an effort. I think the creamy finish is perfect for lip liner or eye liner, but they are all nice and you can get really creative with these pencils.


Ax

2 comments:

  1. I honestly never knew Etude house had lipliners! Looks like it's time for me to visit the nearest Etude house and pick up a few for myself! :D Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! They also have the regular lip liners! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete